MMH is looking to recruit a full time Quality Controller.
- Creating WPS, SOPs and other technical processes documentation as is required.
- Design and issue company forms as may be required.
- Read and understand client drawings and be able to translate these into technical documentation such as work methods. These work methods need to be explained to
- the workforce.
- Inspect and test welds and paint work, measure dimensions and any other required measurements. Ensure that the job requirements are met.
- Accept and reject work in line with the relevant guidelines and standards.
- Issue reports based on the findings of the inspections/test/measurements. Report the findings and confirm the result.
- Handle reports/ improvement actions/ corrective and preventive actions as required.
- Liaise with interested parties on quality control aspects.
- Monitor non-performance and defects and be able to carry out trend analyses.
- Manage function documentation.
- Manage non-conforming analytical results and carry out investigation as required.
- Prepare training material to improve the workforce culture and knowledge.
- Conduct site visits.
- Work to meet client needs and exceed customer satisfaction.
- Approve/reject in-coming material by confirming order and specifications.
- Monitor the use of equipment to ensure that these are calibrated and verified.
- To evaluate the risks and opportunities of a project.
- Have experience or background in at least one of the following fields: fabrication, manufacturing or mechanical engineering, installation, welding, paint and Non-destructive Testing (NDT) inspections. A degree in one of the mentioned fields will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of ASME and ISO 9001 requirements will be considered an asset. Ideally the candidate shall also be familiar with American Welding Society (AWS), National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) and International Association of Classification Societies (IACS) requirements.
- Have a problem-solving ability and be able to identify areas for improvement.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, organizational, time management and computer skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, be flexible, reliable, meticulous and have attention to deal.
- Able to work in a team.
- Have principles of environmental health and safety.
- Able to plan workload and to work under pressure and in a busy environment whilst adhering to strict deadlines.
A covering letter and a detailed CV should be sent to:
Senior Executive HR Planning & Development
MMH Malta Ltd
Mediterranean Maritime Hub
or else through email on firstname.lastname@example.org