Terms and Conditions
Who We Are
This website is owned and managed by MMH Malta Limited, a company registered in Malta with the company registration number C 28154, and with registered address at Mediterranean Maritime Hub, Xatt il-Mollijiet, Marsa MRS 1152, Malta.
Any reference to ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ in these site terms and conditions shall mean a reference to this company.
Whilst every effort is made to maintain the accuracy of the information on our website, we cannot accept responsibility for any prejudice, loss or damage which may occur from use of the information contained herein.
Without prejudice to anything contained above, we expressly disclaim any and all liability whatsoever occasioned pursuant to anything done or omitted to be done wholly or partly in reliance upon the contents of this website, or any part thereof. We further expressly disclaim any and all liability in respect of any loss or damage suffered by any person of the information contained on this website.
All information on this Website is:
- of a general informative nature only and should in no way be interpreted or construed as contractually binding in any way;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete or up-to-date; and
- subject to change without notice.
Sometimes, information is linked to third-party websites over which we have no control and for which we assume no responsibility. We give no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with regard to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information on this website.
The entire content of this website is owned and controlled by us, with all rights reserved. Our copyright, to the full extent permitted by the laws of Malta, stands on all reproductions of material publicly available on this website (“Material”) and no license is implied or granted to the user of this website.
You may download, store and use the Material for your own personal use and research or that of your firm or company. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the Material or any part thereof available to any other party or make the same available on any website, on-line service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or on any other media without our express prior written consent.
- What personal data do we process?
Our site is designed in such a manner that makes it possible for users to visit and use our site without disclosing or revealing any information about themselves. However, you may choose to provide us with personal information when you contact us via the ‘Contact Us’ page of our site. Should this occur we oblige ourselves to process any such data that you may provide in full accordance with all applicable data privacy laws, and in such a manner that is necessary for us to be able to respond to and administer any request that you may make.
From time to time we may further process your personal data to provide you with information about commercial developments taking place in our industries, and which we feel may be of interest to you. Please inform us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to receive any such information from us.
Our website uses “cookies”. A “cookie” is a piece of software, which may be sent to and stored on your computer, and which enables us to collect information about how our website is being used and to manage our site more efficiently. Our cookies will only track general usage patterns and technical information about your computer type and will not be used to identify you individually.
More specifically, the information gathered through cookies may include:
- the date and time when you access our website, the duration of each visit, and the number and times of visits;
- the website pages that you view and any download that you may make through such pages;
- whether or not such viewing or download is successful;
- the internet address of the website or the domain name of the computer from which you access our website;
- your language preferences;
- the operating system of the machine running your web browser; and the type and version of your web browser.
Should you wish to reject all or certain cookies used by our website, you may modify your web browser preferences to do so. If however you reject all cookies then you might be unable to use and/or access some of the pages or facilities available on our website. Moreover, you may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the opportunity to choose whether or not you wish to accept it. In this regard, you should note that if you do so, this may materially distort the quality of service and data you receive. You therefore do this at your own risk.
- Providing of personal data to third parties
We do not pass on your details collected from you as a visitor to this site to any third party unless you give us your consent to do so, or in the instances indicated below.
You will be aware however that data sent via the Internet may be transmitted across international borders even where sender and receiver of information are located in the same country. Consequently, data relating to you may be transmitted via a country having a lower level of data protection than that existing in your country of residence.
- for the purpose of preventing, detecting or suppressing fraud or any other criminal activity;
- where it is a matter of national or public security.
- in the interest of national budgetary, monetary or taxation matters that can arise.
- to protect and defend our rights and property or that of users of our website;
- to protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of our website;
- to protect the personal safety or property of users of our website (e.g. if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or attempt to pose as someone else, we shall disclose any information we may have about you in our possession so as to assist any type of investigation into your actions);
- for any purpose that may be necessary for the performance of any agreement you may have entered into with us; or
- as may be allowed or required by or under any law.
We do not transfer your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
- Retention of personal data
No personal data that we process will be kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
We remind you that by its very nature the internet may not always be a secure medium and data sent via the internet can potentially be subject to unauthorised acts by third parties. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information passing over our website, nor shall we accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for the security of your data while in transit through the internet.
- Third Party Websites
No third party is permitted to link any other website to our website without obtaining our prior consent in writing.
- Right of Access
Provided you fall within the legal definition of a ‘data subject’ in terms of Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta, you have a right to request access to and/or correction of your personal data processed by us. Any such request must be made in writing to us at the mailing address indicated email@example.com of the website and must be signed by yourself as the data subject to whom the particular data relates. The processing of such requests sometimes attracts the imposition of a nominal fee, which (if applicable) will be communicated to you before your request is acceded to.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by and will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of Malta, and any claim or dispute arising therefrom or connected thereto will be referred exclusively to the Courts of Malta.
This page last updated on: 31 January, 2017.